Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Have you ever wondered what it’s like to be a son of a god?

I would recommend the book Percy Jackson the Lightning Thief. The cover really attracts you to it, and if you like Greek mythology this is a book for you.

It starts when Zeus’s master bolt goes missing and he blames Poseidon. Percy, Poseidon’s

son, tries to help him get it back from the mysterious thief and stop the next war between the gods. Will he be able to get it back in time?

I like this book because of the Greek mythology characters. For example, the Minotaur, the creature Percy fights in the beginning of the book, is a half man half bull, and Grover, Percy’s best friend, is a satyr. (A satyr is a half boy half goat). It makes the book a lot more interesting.

Another reason why I like this book is because it is really emotional. For example, I got angry when Percy’s friend betrayed him.

I would recommend this book not only for children but for adults too. I would give this book five stars.


1 comment: